Tuesday 21 September 2010

How to Phrustrate the Pharmacist

One afternoon on the weekend, a woman walks into the pharmacy looking for a particular item. "I was just walking past and my friend recommended me a product, so I thought I'd come in and see if you have it," She said.

"Do you know what the product is called?" The assistant inquired.

"I'm not sure, I think it starts with an 'M'," The woman replied.

"Ok, do you know what it's used for?"

"Uh, no, not really. But I'm pretty sure it starts with an 'M'."

"Do you know what the packaging looks like at all?" The assistant really trying to help the woman.

"No. My friend never showed me, she just recommended it to me."

The assistant, obviously not knowing what the product was based on the extremely limited information the customer gave her, repeated the request back to the woman, "So you are looking for a product that starts with 'M', you have no idea what it's used for and you don't know what the packaging looks like?"

"Yes," The woman acknowledged.

The assistant, now a little amused by the request, said, "I'm sorry. I have many products starting with 'M' that are used for all sorts of conditions with varied packaging. You're going to have to ask your friend for a little more information or get her to give you the package, then I'll have no problem helping you."

"Are you sure?" The woman replied with a last ditch effort not to have to come back on another occasion.

"Positive."



Unfortunately for staff in pharmacies, these sort of request aren't uncommon... god save the gene pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment