Friday 1 October 2010

Phresh Phemale*

One morning, a mother and daughter come into the pharmacy, and while the daughter stood behind in dark glasses, the mother asked for a specific Betadine product, Betadine Antiseptic Solution 500mL in quantities of at least 4. That's a lot of Betadine!

NB: I couldn't find any reference to the Betadine Antiseptic Solution 500mL on www.betadine.com.au so here it is on the picky pets website as proof it exists: Betadine Antiseptic Solution 500mL (Click me). What a funny poodle in pink glasses...

Continuing on, this product we didn't keep in the pharmacy so I asked if it was ok to use a replacement antiseptic we had in large quantities, Chlorhexidine scrub.

The mother answered, "No, the Surgeon told my daughter to use the Betadine only."

Being intrigued as to why one person would need to use that much solution after surgery, I had to ask what it was for, "Why would you need so much Betadine after surgery?"

The mother replied again, "We just arrived back from Thailand this morning and the surgeon in Thailand told us we need large quantities of Betadine Solution to irrigate my 'daughter's' new vagina."

"WHAT THE F...!!" is what I said in my head.

What I really said while trying my hardest not to say something that might offend or be too loud for other customers to hear was, "Ah, ok. I can order that in through our supplier and have it in by this afternoon."

God damn that was difficult to say without the expression on my face changing! I think they may have noticed my eyes suddenly widen with surprise before I said anything though.



*Further Thoughts:
You probably assume, as I did at the time, that the 'daughter' was originally a 'son,' due to the mentioning of a 'new' vagina and the fact that Thailand is full of lady boys - just take a visit to Patpong in Bangkok! I never asked the specifics at the time, that would have been just as embarrassing for me as it would have been for the daughter, but I have heard of cases where girls were born with short vaginal tracts. It's called Vaginal Hypoplasia and often associated with Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. Obviously it causes problems, specifically so with intercourse when the length or the vagina is below 6cm. So the daughter may have been a girl with AIS, and the logical reason they chose Thailand to have the surgery is because the surgeons there have plenty of experience producing new vaginas.

No comments:

Post a Comment