Monday 16 May 2011

Surprise! Phluids!

Oh man! It's been, like, 10 years since I posted anything!

I could write about why I've had no time to write recently, but I don't care. I mean, you don't care... (I still don't care).

So here's the latest addition:

One afternoon, a mother came in with her two young toddlers, the youngest a boy, the other a girl. She asked me if we had any nappies. “Of course,” I said and showed her to the baby section.

After selecting a convenience size pack of nappies for her son, she then asked me if we kept napisan, to which I replied, “Of course.”

She then explained that her son had pooped in the car and wasn’t wearing a nappy, the one time she thought she could get away without him wearing a nappy. She was going straight home after this to clean the car, and his pants, in napisan. She then asked me, “Do you have a toilet where I can clean him up a bit and change him?”

To which I replied, “Of course!”

I gave her the key to the toilet and a few minutes later she emerged to return it then asked, “Oh, do you have vomit bags by any chance?”

To which I replied, “ah, no… sorry.” (c’mon! we can’t keep everything!).

“Oh that’s ok, I was just hoping to keep one in the car. My daughter vomited in the car park from the smell of the poo, thankfully not in the car. Just wanted one in case it happens again and then I wont have to clean two messes.”

“Well you can take a plastic bag for now?” I offered.

“It’s ok, I only need to drive a short distance home now,” she gathered her kids then muttered, “Sigh… children, always full of surprises.”

“And poo,” I thought to myself.

“Oh, and also vomit… actually, lets just say bodily fluids,” Still thinking to myself.

3 comments:

  1. I care! Most stories dangnabit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for posting. I enjoy reading ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I'll try to get around to writing again soon!

    ReplyDelete