Friday 26 March 2010

Phallically Phunny

One morning I arrived to work at a Pharmacy and noticed a note written to request a particular product be sent internationally. The note was written by one of the late night Pharmacists on behalf of a man who called from Singapore that night. The product requested was Stud 100, a local anaesthetic in a small spray can for application to prevent premature ejaculation - something sold fairly regularly in the pharmacy for a common condition - by no means odd, but could be embarrassing... could definitely be embarrassing!



The reason the man gave as to why he needed it to be posted from Australia is that it was not available in Singapore. The Pharmacist who took the call thought we may not be able to send the item, hence the reason for the message. The man from Singapore said he would call back the next night, and if OK, would leave his postal address and pay by credit over the phone.

I asked my boss at the time who replied saying we don't send products by mail nor have the proper facilities for accepting credit card payments over the phone. Besides, I believe there may be an issue with posting spray cans? Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I left a note for the Pharmacist who was on later that night explaining the situation and that the answer was no!

The following is my interpretation of the conversation the late night pharmacist had when she took the second call from the man from Singapore based on what she told me. The question she asks the man, his reply and her response to that reply are exactly what she described to me, but not necessarily in the same words! The rest is assumed:

*Phone rings*
Pharmacist: Hello? This is the Pharmacist. How may I serve you?

Singapore man: I called last night to see if possible to send Stud 100 to Singapore, ar?

Pharmacist: Oh yes, sorry. My boss has indicated we can't do credit card transactions over the phone, nor send products overseas. What did you need it for anyway? Isn't there anything similar in Singapore?

Singapore man: There is nothing similar in Singapore, ar. I need it in a spray can so I can numb my foreskin...






... to circumcise myself, la!

Pharmacist: Wha?!? Sorry, we really can't send it!

*Slams phone on hook*


***UPDATE*** 16/06/2010 - I have embedded links to the Stud 100 website for your information. ***END UPDATE***

No comments:

Post a Comment