Saturday 30 October 2010

Pharmacist Inphatuation

A woman with scruffy hair and raggedy clothes comes in one morning to the pharmacy and says to me, "Where's Andy?"

I reply to her, "Andy's not here today."

Abruptly, she says, "Why is he not here?"

"He's not rostered on," I answered calmly.

"Can you get him?"

"No."

Then things got a little weird when she announced, "I love him! You're probably jealous because I love him."

"I don't like men in that way," I stated firmly. A smile nearly breached my expression, as I thought to myself, "This lady is crazy!"

"Andy's fucking that Asian bitch anyway!" A true statement as Andy and another of the pharmacists were dating - and she was Asian... and a little bitchy too.

"What about you, are you married? I might come after you!"

Slightly panicked by this woman's obvious mental issues, lied to her question, "Uh... almost married."

Disappointed and frustrated, she then said, "Don't worry about it then."

There was a brief pause before anyone said anything else.

"You know, I'm loaded! I have a mansion. Two mansions!! I'll come back to see Andy." She added.

"OK, no problems. We'll be seeing you then," I said hoping she would leave.

"Is there anyone else?" Now she sounded way too desperate and way too crazy!

"No," I replied while staring directly at a male pharmacy assistant, who also appeared dumbfounded, "Andy and I are the only two male pharmacists."

Thankfully, I never saw her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment